The Difference Between Home Care and Home Health Care
CareAtHome provides full-service assisted living care to adults in the comfort of their home. Our mission is to keep our clients safe, healthy and to provide the assistance needed to maintain the optimal level of independence. The staff at CareAtHome retains the highest standard of skills and is motivated to provide the utmost care for our clients.
From personal care services to skilled care and many care needs in between, our registry offers a broad range of services that can be tailored to meet your family’s unique needs and preferences. While the tasks of each service might differ, the goal for all types of care remains the same: To enhance the lives of you and your loved ones.
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)
- Assistance with Mobility
- Specific Diagnosis
- Support Services
- Medication Pill Caddy filled by a Licensed Nurse
- In-Hospital or Facility Assistance
The basic core of CareAtHome services includes a combination of two or more of the following needs:
- Bathing or Showering
- Personal Hygiene & Grooming
- Incontinence Care
- Makeup Application
- Oral Hygiene
- Meal Preparation (feeding if required)
- Encourage or Restrict Fluid Intake
- Medication Reminders
Direct Careworkers understand the importance of a client maintaining independence and seeing that they remain physically able to do so.
Direct Careworkers help clients execute activities recommended by a Physician or Physical/Occupational Therapist.
- Daily walking/ambulating
- Range of Motion Exercises
- Tactile Activities
- Transferring To/From Bed or Chair
- Turning or Positioning in Bed
Referral of caregivers experienced in working with individuals diagnosed with the following common illnesses:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Heart Disease
- Muscular/Skeletal Diseases
- Hospice Care
Caregivers assist clients in maintaining their level of lifestyle by performing the following tasks.
- Wash Dishes and put them away
- Take out the trash
- Maintain Cleanliness in Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom
- Run Vacuum
- Light Dusting
It is always nice to have a regular visitor, a comforting smile or a dining companion. Companions enjoy spending time doing whatever you would like to do.
Some suggested activities would be:
- Going to a movie or theatre
- Watching TV
- Assist with letter or card writing
- Assist with holiday preparations
- Taking Walks
- Visit with family or friends
It’s hard to keep track of medications to take, especially if there are several to organize and remember. Organizing medication is a simple task that our nurses would be more than happy to help you with. Your pill caddy will be strictly organized and refilled each week to ensure you are following your treatment plans.
- Available from 2 hours up to 24 hours
- Low hourly rates
- Day/Night, Live-in
- Temporary or Long Term
- Continuity of Care – the caregivers you want at the time you want
- 24/7 on-call Care Coordinator
- Free Services Needs Assessment by a Registered Nurse
- Ongoing Personalized Client Contacts through telephone check-in and home visits.
If you are in need of Home Health Services, such as Skilled Nursing, Physical & Occupational Therapy or Geriatric Care Management, please contact CareAtHome Preferred. They are a licensed Medicare Certified Home Health Agency.